The Welcome and Inviting Committee helps to spread the word about Calvary United Methodist Church to all of our members, attendees, visitors, the community, and those wishing to learn more about us through invitation and information.
What we do:
- Check sign-in pads from Sunday worship. People who leave a phone number are called, welcomed and invited to return.
- Coordinate with the Greeter Coordinator who maintains the schedule and trains the volunteers.
- Encourage practices for the entire congregation to be welcoming to all who attend Calvary.
- Evaluate and maintain the physical needs that help advertise, promote, welcome and invite the community to events at the church. This may include outdoor signage, directional signs, flyers, and nametags.
- Consider the best tools for promoting Calvary United Methodist Church. This may include advertising in the newspaper and/or online.
- Plan the Family Fun Day/Block Party, which is usually held the Saturday before Labor Day Weekend. The entire community is invited and encouraged to attend.
We welcome all church and community members to participate in the worship, events, and activities at Calvary United Methodist Church.