HEALTH AND WELLNESS
The Goal of the Health and Wellness Committee is to provide information to the members of Calvary Church that will promote personal health and well-being. To accomplish its goal, this ministry:
- Provides information regarding healthy lifestyles,
- Provides access to informational resources via guest speakers,
- Provides Free-of-Charge blood pressure monitoring,
- Brings awareness of and details of developments in health-related Research and Treatment options,
- Advances understanding of Health and Wellness through discussions and research,
- Listens to feedback and requests regarding areas of concern relating to health and wellness,
- Is available to the Church and community to provide services regarding mental and physical health.
The Parish Nurse serves as the focal point for the Health and Wellness Program. Our Parish Nurse is
Carol Zielomski; she can be contacted at 598-2936.
Carol can help with questions regarding medications or medical needs including vaccinations, nutrition, insurance, obtaining medical services and payment for medical services. If you need other medical information or want to talk over physical or emotionally personal situations, she is available to listen and provide help--please contact her.
The Health and Wellness Committee updates a bulletin board regularly that addresses topics of interest for better and healthier living. You are invited to check it out for interesting and thought provoking information. Look for it near the Fireside Area.
After the second service on April 29, the Health and Wellness Commitee is sponsoring a presentation by Taekwondo Grand Master Sterling Chase. "Master Che" will present information on "Self Defense for Emergency Situations", a program of practical self defense applications for personal safety. The presentation and discussion will start at approximately 12:45 in Friendship Hall. Master Che currently conducts Taekwondo and Safety Instruction for men, women, and children (including exceptional needs adults and children) at the CHS Martial Arts Academy in Colorado Springs. Bring a dish and join us for a potluck lunch before the program!
August 26--Improve your dietary choices and knowledge. Learn from a Registered Dietitian.
Blood Pressure Screenings are conducted the third Sunday of every month between the two Sunday services and on Wednesdays at the Prime Timers Luncheons.
The Women's Cancer Support Group meets the fourth Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:30 PM.